Sunday, November 17, 2019

Started My Own Paid Blogging Website

Hello everyone! I can't believe what I did yesterday. I actually paid for a new website. Purchased a domain name and website hosting among other things. New website can be found here: https://sherwinjtb.xyz/. There were a few things that I wanted to fix before I started blogging at my new website. The way I blog is also going to change a bit. The first problem I want to get fixed is the favicon. I'll probably give a shout-out or link to the website that best helps me with this issue. Our blog here isn't actually very popular because people don't really take bloggers on blogger that seriously. This is why we are opening ourselves the opportunity to start our own branded website. A professional outlook and treated as a proper business.

When I first started my own blogging website a few years ago, I was all over the place. Had multiple domains and talked about various things. We had no specific target audience or niche. It's not too late to become a guru in one main topic. The cost of starting my own blogging website this month of the year was around $100 AUD. I would recommend saving around $150 AUD before you even think about starting a new website. This will cover the costs for about a year. I'm going to be charged again in half a year because having a professional business email account is an extra expense. Being automatically charged for renewal costs isn't something to be too excited about, but we need to pay to receive these services.

We know that getting traffic and monetizing our websites does work. With little effort, we find a few readers coming to our blog and visit us daily. A couple of hundred visits to our blog per month is quite doable. We're aiming for several thousand visits per month though. The magic number is 100k or more, but that's something to look forward to over the years. A couple of hundred page views per day is a good start. These numbers should come naturally with great quality content. We're not being greedy are we? That seems like a reasonable amount considering there are over 7.5 billion people living in our world. Statistics is going to play a vital role in our success. We're going to play around with the search engines too.

We bought our website yesterday. This means we're wasting money before we even get started blogging on our new website. However, we also want to take our time and do it right. There's a lot of free information available online to help us get started. There's the favicon, email accounts, copyright and content creation, technical problems, and a bunch of other things we need to get sorted out. Sunday isn't exactly our ideal day to be working hard online. We usually want to balance our lives between rest and work with a little bit of play. We're going to move away a bit from doing surveys for now because we've actually achieved our goal. We finally bought a new website for blogging. The problem now is being able to sustain the costs.

We've been talking about how much we actually want to earn every day. I would be happy to be earning around $20 AUD every day as a beginner. At this stage, we're not too worried about gaining traffic. If we get too much traffic, this is going to cause problems with our website hosting provider. I would think it would be much easier to blog about high ticket items. Don't we want to increase our return on investment (ROI)? We want to profit from niches that can actually make us money. This means we're going to have to shy away from some of our more passionate topics. Being smart has its uses. Sometimes we just have to do the things we hate to find more time to do the things we love. A little bit of sacrifice for a little more reward.

I remember when I loved playing the clarinet. Brings me some nostalgic memories. I still have my clarinet under my bed. It's actually a rare sight to see people perform music on the clarinet in the streets or shopping centres. Sometimes we can find them at our local church. A rare breed they are once we leave high school or university. It's not exactly the easiest instrument to perfect in performance. We can't talk either while blowing on the instrument. Very hard to compete with people who has a voice and can also play with their hands such as the piano or guitar. The life of an instrumentalist can be very lonely at times. A musician with a voice is much easier to become popular. There's big business with karaoke (sing along) songs.

You can see now that we talk about various subjects in one blog post. Our ideas are all over the place. I'm also thinking about playing a bit of Diablo 3 or watching more anime online. There's also another game I've been logging into lately called Vikings: War of Clans by Plarium. Before we do play around some more after writing this post, I'd like to fix the favicon issue on my new website first. The content is also straight out of the box. I need to fix my content up to even think about having 3000 visitors daily or $500 per month income. Having an extra $500 AUD per month income is pretty amazing because it opens up even more opportunities. We've made the investment and now it's time to make it work for us.

One of the biggest questions we're going to have to face is the affiliate network we choose. There's a couple of things we have to learn. Being an affiliate means we're producing content such as a blog. We're literally publishers online. We help others such as merchants to sell their products. This means it is our job as an affiliate to convert these clicks into sales. This is something we have to think about on a daily basis. Running a business has to be consistent. We have to be in it for the long term. We've finished shopping for a blogging website, now we have to go search for an affiliate marketing program or network. This is one way to turn our traffic into real money. This comes with its perks like becoming an online influence for others.

Update: I did everything on this website to try and fix my favicon, but the same website still bounces back some issues. Oh well, it will do for now: https://realfavicongenerator.net/

No comments: